5 Backyard Fire Pit Grilling Ideas
Fall is almost here, and it's time to celebrate. What better way than with a fire pit barbecue in your backyard with friends and family?
The same outdoor fire pit that kept you warm during winter can be transformed into a true fire grill with a Walden Legacy Series Fire Pit Grilling Grate. We, at Walden Backyards, have gathered together 5 of our favorite recipes to help you enjoy fire pit cooking with your family and friends.
1. S'mores Dip
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of mini-marshmallows
2. Fire Pit Pigs in a BlanketIngredients:
- In a cast iron skillet, pour in a cup chocolate chips, and then top with a cup of mini-marshmallows.
- Place the cast iron skillet on top of your fire pit grilling gate for 5-10 minutes, or until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Let cool for another 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy with graham crackers.
- 1 pack of your favorite hot dogs
- 1 package of pre-made croissant dough
- Slide each hot dog onto its own skewer.
- Wrap each skewered hot dog with a pre-sliced piece of croissant dough.
- Then, you can either place them on the fire pit grate, or as a family activity, have each person hold their own hot dog above the fire until the crust is golden and flaky.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard.
3. Lemon Pepper Shish Kabob
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed chicken breast
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound of crimini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients in a large resealable bag. Let that sit in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours.
- Slide chicken, peppers, mushrooms, and onions onto skewers until all ingredients are skewered.
- Place skewers on the fire pit grate, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from grill and serve as it.
4. Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
- 20 jumbo scallops
- 20 strips of bacon
- Wrap each scallop with a strip of bacon.
- Slide each bacon-wrapped scallop onto skewers.
- Cook on the fire pit for 5-10 minutes until bacon is crispy.
5. Fire Pit Steaks
- 4 New York Strip Steaks
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Brush both sides of steaks with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks on the fire pit grate. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip steaks over and cook for another 5 minutes (for medium-rare), 7 minutes (for medium), or 10 minutes (for medium-well).
- Remove from heat and serve.